Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Me and My Big Mouth

Some things have been on my mind this week, and I think I'll just write a couple of ideas down to see what you guys think...
I know I have a big mouth. I like to think that it's because I'm an open book, you always know what I'm about and what I think. There's no mystery here. I kinda like that...
Well, I know that this is not always the best policy. I know that I sometimes offend with my big mouth, or that I come accross pretty poorly. Almost always, I have good intentions but you know what they say about those.
I'm just kind of awkward socially, and you have to get me to really like me, and not everyone gets me. I'm not saying that everyone has to like me.
I don't know. This started in Sunday School when they were talking about keeping your marriage sacred by not sharing everything with everyone in order to build trust between spouses. I totally see this. I totally hope that I don't embarrass my husband when we are out, or when I tell people things... I try to let others learn from me and my experience, but it doesn't always work out that way. And this is the best scenario as to why I would be telling things that I shouldn't be saying.
So, I guess what I would like to know is how much is too much? How do you know what to say and what not to say? What is your standard for not stepping on toes?
Do you just not care, and stomp away, or do you end up falling over yourself trying to dodge all the ever growing toes in our society?
How do you teach your children what to say and not to say?
Just some thoughts...

1 comment:

  1. not a parent, so the child thing, i have lots of ideas but they could all be a crock. in our marriage you just know what is the right and wrong thing to say. yes, you do step on each others toes alot, this is where eye communication becomes handy, but as a loving couple you dont get mad at your partner for embarrassing you, you just let it go and tell them later that you did not want the public to know of such matters. At least that is the way it is with us but i am an easy going guy, which i think that matt is also. and yes my wife embarreses the crap out of me sometimes but i would not change that for the world

    martin

    ReplyDelete